Since publishing a first set or reasons not to vote for Donald Trump last week, with a target of 100 reasons, I have received an out-pouring of additional reasons to add to the list.
There’s a lot of support for Trump out there, as the polls and primary elections and caucuses have demonstrated, but there may be a lot more opposition.
Here are additions that have surfaced that are not duplicative:
• Trump wrote 10 checks for campaigns for Hillary Clinton, whom he could be running against. If he was for her then, how can he justify opposition to her now?
• His hip-shooting style could trigger dangerous interactions with dictators in countries like North Korea and Iran, which have some nuclear capacities. It’s doubtful he could be diplomatic in foreign policy.
• He mocked a physically disabled person.
• His focus is on doing whatever it takes to win, not on doing the right thing. He lacks the ethics that most Americans subscribe to in their own lives.
• In a private meeting with high-level executives, he repeatedly used the F-bomb and voiced a high level of vindictiveness as he described his deals. My source described his presentation as vulgar. Further, over-use of the F-bomb points to a language deficiency.
This list is open to more reasons from any and all. Respond on this web site or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.